Pages

Friday 4 April 2014

Spring Raises Happiness Levels!

 “When spring came, even the false spring, there were no problems except where to be happiest. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself.” Ernest Hemingway, “A Moveable Feast.”

It’s springtime and for most people that means getting outside and seeing everything bloom, including us. Spring offers warmer days and lighter and longer evenings, which means we are more inclined to exercise and spend outdoor time and activities with friends.

My question today is, “How much are you doing to increase your happiness to match the renewal time of spring?

For me, I am looking at this because as crazy as it sounds, I forget sometimes to focus on what will make me happier, like being outside and seeing the amazing flower and tree blossoms right outside my door. When I am busy focusing on business and other daily tasks, I might miss that extra hour or two that I could be walking my dog on the trail. Of course work and daily eating and exercising can add happiness, but when we focus on what can bring more happiness this springtime, it can inspire us to take action on planting that garden or planning that vacation or reaching out to friends to go have more outdoor fun , or buying that new bike to take out on trails.

What is Your Gross National Happiness?
I believe Bhutan has it right. In the 1970's their 4th King mandated the state to create an environment for all citizens to pursue their ultimate goal, happiness, and declared that instead of focusing on gross national profit, focus on GROSS NATIONAL HAPPINESS!

I believe this spring we can have even more profit if we focus on GNH for ourselves and all the people we work, live and play with too.

According to Feng Shui, Spring Equinox March 20 begins the season of Chen relating to Family, New Birth and Fresh Beginnings.

To align with this, here are a few tips:

1. Think spring and ask, “ What do I want to grow?”

Perhaps it's to rejuvenate your garden or redo your office or spiff up your website?

2. Plant some fun activities into your life.

What can you sign up for this spring? Perhaps it’s a tennis clinic or a hiking club?

3. Make More Time For Friends and Family.

Ask who you haven’t seen all winter that you would like to get out with and renew your relationship?

Spring forward my friends!

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/life-in-body/201303/spring-raises-your-happiness-levels

 

No comments: